Why not enjoy an extended school day at The Royal Highland Show 2014?
The Royal Highland Show 2014 will take place from June 19th - 22nd with school bookings available on the 19th and 20th.
Children's Discovery Centre
At the show RHET run the Children's Discovery Centre. Children get a chance to participate in various activities. The activities for 2014 have not yet been confirmed however, last year's included:
- Cooking a variety of dishes with Quality Meat Scotland
- Baking shortbread with the Scottish Association of Master Bakers
- Badge making with the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Fossil hunting with Dynamic Earth
- "Milking" the fibreglass cow with RHET
- As well as many more exciting activities!
Booking for events will be available by the end of February.
Schools can also request a FREE tour steward to show their group around the Show. Stewards can give informative tours and make sure groups arrive at their booked activity stations on time.
RHET's Children's Discovery Centre and Curriculum for excellence
The diagram below shows how the activities in the Children's Discovery Centre can directly contribute to Curriculum for Excellence aims:
If you have any questions regarding the Royal Highland Show 2014 please call the RHET office on 0131 335 6226.